Saturday 4 February 2012

Christmas! (yes yes, I know it's February)

So because I've been a very good girl and practicing furiously of late, I'll admit I've been somewhat lax as far as updating this blog is concerned (but you should hear my scales!)

Here, then, is an attempt to make up for my long absence from the blogisphere and update you all on life here in Elmsted over the past two months.

They of course included quite a few holidays.  I was very fortunate to enjoy a really lovely Christmas/New Year season with my English/Korean/Taiwanese/Australian/American friends.  We kicked things off with the annual Christmas Concert at Hastingleigh Church, where the six of us (together with a pianist and cellist) played a number of ensemble pieces to raise money for the restoration/upkeep of the church.

Rehearsing at the Old Dairy for the concert.

In the studio before heading down to the church for the concert.  So Yun is ready for her close up.

Jhen-Wei, Ko-Yu and I at the post-concert dinner.  The ladies of the village (or as Trevor calls them, "BVMs - Blessed Village Matriarchs) organize this dinner every year at the village hall.  And in case you were wondering, yes, I tried every dessert, and yes, they were all delicious.

Our Christmas with the Boxalls, who were kind enough to have us over a few days before Christmas after Robbie joined us for Ian Clarke's class at the studio.  I had my first taste of Christmas pud and some funky extended techniques all in one day!

Christmas Eve at the Old Dairy where the six of us had our own feast.  Jenny was a veritable Julia Child.

Christmas Day with Dot and Trevor - so much lovely food!!!!

Heading to the village on Boxing Day to see the Morris Dancing.

Participating in the Morris Dancing - I mean, with hunky dudes like this involved, who wouldn't?!

A bit of silliness on the way home - I think I was reenacting my spectacular Morris Dancing performance.


Happy Christmas, everyone, albeit a bit tardy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment